Welcome!

I've been blogging here and there for several years. But never with a set intention on what the blog specifically should be about. I deleted, started over, deleted, went from one platform to another, searching for just the right thing. Then I decided the heck with it. Our life is up and down and all around. There's no way to blog just one topic. So, I'm going to attempt to take this route and blog about our life as it happens. I plan on sharing the good times, the bad, the sweet, the sour, recipes, tips, ideas, creations, our life in general.

We live in Maine, in a quiet little town. Not much happens here. I think Miranda Lambert had the best description of our little town with this song . Yep, that's here :D

But anyways, I'm a stay at home Mom, been so for 14 years. A Mom of 4, all girls. And before you ask, yes it's a job and a half. I'd be bored, miserable and unfulfilled if I wasn't crazy 24-7. My girls range in age from almost 14 to 5. We are beyond the baby, toddler, and pre-school stages. I will be honest and say, I'm happy those stages are behind me and look forward to sharing my wisdom when I have Grandchildren. Until then, I thoroughly enjoy the self sufficiency and appreciate the extra helping hands now that my girls are older. And the crazy laughter and goofing off that occurs every 2 minutes or so.

My other half is on the road, driving truck. He's a simple man, likes a quiet life. A straight forward guy who knows what he wants and doesn't let anything get in his way. I've never met anyone who can sleep for 2 hours and work for the next 24. Our 7 yr. old has this gene too. He's a good man who believes the only way is determination, persistence, loyalty, honesty and hard work. He's got a huge heart, the "shirt of my back" type. More often than not, he's very serious, but when he's home, his smile never fades.


I'm very close to my Older Sister who lives too far away. She's my "oak tree" and has saved me from many nervous breakdowns. Her outlook on life is so very positive and she's full of so much love, patience, strength and laughter. I truly feel lost if I don't talk to her at least once a day. She's my daily affirmation!

We raise chickens. Also ducks and turkeys. We try to grow as many vegetables in the summer that we can fit into our small backyard. This is a fairly new venture. We've been at it for 4 years. Learned a lot and fell on our face a lot, but it's so much fun and interesting enough that we keep at it.

We have dogs, 2 of them. Both German Shepherds. Our female is a "can you take her in until I get out of the hospital" that has made a permanent home here now for 5 years. Our male was purchased by me, when I found out I'd be a single parent for 5 days out of the week, again. They're a lot of fun and we're blessed to have them here.


Other than that, the main goal of our life is to just raise our girls with everything they need in order to walk out the door into the world and not run back in and hide in the closet. Challenging? Oh yes, but challenges are fun and the rewards are awesome!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Home

Check these out!

About Me

A busy Mom, who is home, with 4 daughters who don't know any better than to keep her guessing every second of every day!

Followers


Recent Comments